On my quest to become a more productive individual, in the last week I have managed to accomplish almost nothing. I've even managed to lose some of my cooking confidence, but my pride is definitely easy to bruise anyway. I have a short list of things I would like to accomplish.
1. Get Japanese drivers license. That right, I'm such a bum that I still don't have one.
2. Go for a walk everyday that it is not pouring rain. I've managed to not go for a walk alone yet.
3. Re-work an old story and complete it. I need to submit something somewhere, I don't even care if it gets published at this point. It's more important to say I tried.
4. Find an online graduate program that I am at least interested in besides this one. Minimum requirements: it must cost less than $40,000 and be completely online or have classes on Kadena.
5. Bake my husband a pineapple upside down cake for v-day, being a housewife is about all I can give right now. I was gifted a balloon tin of Godiva and season one of Community. He knows me so well. :)
Sometimes I find inspiration in seemingly unrelated fields to what I am working on. Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Star Trek (yes all of them) have been my best companions lately. I love to read as well, but sometimes it doesn't matter how you take in the story. I find television to be as much a valid way to take in a story as a series of novels, sometimes its much better. It bothers me that TV is looked down on by some readers as much as fiction is looked down on by non-fiction and literature only advocates. I find value in almost all forms of story telling. It's perfectly okay to have a preference, but its condescending to assume that preference makes you better than others. I'm sure I will add more on that at a later date.
Interestingly enough, I just made a pineapple upside down cake last night for my hubs. It fell apart as soon as I flipped it over...but it was still tasty.
ReplyDelete