I found something amazing recently. When we moved to Japan we were introduced to curry and it has become a favorite when we go out to eat. I recently found a fairly easy meatless variety I could eat all week.
I made a few revisions to this recipe. I used two Japanese eggplants and did not peel them or pre cook them since it was not needed. I also made my own "garam masala" out of spices I had in my kitchen.
Eggplant Chickpea Curry
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 small white onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon mined fresh ginger (i used dry)
1 pound tomatoes chopped roughly (i used canned)
2 pounds eggplant cut into 3/4 inch cubes
2 teaspoons mild curry powder
2 teaspoon garam masala (i made my own)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 cup vegetable broth
1 15 oz can chickpeas
Saute onion in oil over medium heat 5 mins. add garlic and ginger for another minute. mix eggplant and tomato in stirring constantly for a minute. put in all the spices and vegetable broth. cover and bring to a slow boil for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. add chickpeas and cook uncovered for 10 mins.
Serve over rice. Yummy!!
1 small white onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon mined fresh ginger (i used dry)
1 pound tomatoes chopped roughly (i used canned)
2 pounds eggplant cut into 3/4 inch cubes
2 teaspoons mild curry powder
2 teaspoon garam masala (i made my own)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 cup vegetable broth
1 15 oz can chickpeas
Saute onion in oil over medium heat 5 mins. add garlic and ginger for another minute. mix eggplant and tomato in stirring constantly for a minute. put in all the spices and vegetable broth. cover and bring to a slow boil for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. add chickpeas and cook uncovered for 10 mins.
Serve over rice. Yummy!!

No comments:
Post a Comment