It looks very eerie outside. Almost like the start of a severe thunderstorm. Most people that are from the area where I grew up can tell you the sky often becomes a calm greyish green right before cloud rotation is in the area. It looks very much like that outside right now. But I'm a wuss and have no desire to go outside. I learned a few years ago not to mess with nature. If you ask for it, you will receive it. I would never invite destruction.
I'm currently blasting music from the 90's and 2000's while drinking beer and cooking. to keep my mind off of this very slow moving storm. I've been in the kitchen for about three hours playing around. I made the cookies from the previous post again and i made another favorite of mine. I usually make a half recipe because I'm the only one who eats it. this is my version of the half recipe.
Black Bean and Quinoa
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped or whole onion. either way is great.
1-1/2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons uncooked quinoa
3/4 cup vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and saute until lightly browned.
Mix quinoa into the saucepan and cover with vegetable broth. Season with cumin. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, Stir frozen corn into the saucepan, and continue to simmer about 5 minutes until heated through. Mix in the black beans

No comments:
Post a Comment